If you have been contacted by Gusto Research, or by one of our approved research partners on our behalf, and wish to find out some more information…
Gusto Research is an independent market research agency and a partner agency of the Market Research Society. We conduct research on behalf of a wide range of leading UK companies and we abide by the Market Research Society Code of Conduct. This means all information is gathered in the strictest confidence and views and opinions are anonymous, so are not attributed to individuals unless you consent to being identified.
It is not our aim to sell or promote anything. We conduct market research and we commit, in obtaining your co-operation, not to mislead you about the nature of the research or how the findings will be used.
The research that we do, including telephone or face to face interviews, discussion groups and online/app surveys, is standard practice across most business sectors, as companies often want to test new ideas, ask for feedback on services or products, or see how their communications could be improved etc. This research then helps companies to make decisions and ensure they are in touch with customers’ needs and requirements.
If you are invited to take part in research with us, it will be for one or more of the following reasons:
- You were selected because you are a customer or recently were a customer of one of the companies for whom we work, and your details have been passed to us to contact you under ‘legitimate interests’;
- You have given permission for a company to supply your details to a third party for research purposes; and/or
- You have taken part in previous research administered by Gusto Research and given us your permission to contact you in the future for research purposes.
If you have been contacted by Gusto Research and you do not believe you have given your permission or wish your name to be removed from the database, just let us know and we will remove you from the contact list for that specific research project and inform the relevant organisation who supplied your details. Your rights under GDPR are protected.
We never knowingly invite children under the age of 16 to participate in research studies without taking measures to ensure appropriate consent from a responsible adult has been obtained. All of our moderators who conduct face to face research are DBS checked and carry ID to all appointments.
What information do we hold?
When we contact you, we generally do so for one of the following purposes:
- To invite you to participate in research (this could be one to one – via telephone or face to face, as part of a focus group or an online survey)
- To confirm the details of research you have agreed to take part in
- To conduct research with you
- To validate answers/views you gave in a recent research we conducted (if you have consented to us doing so)
- To update and to ensure that our records of your personal information are correct (applicable to those consenting to being part of an ongoing community or panel)
- To notify you if you have won a prize draw that we administered or to provide you with an incentive for taking part in research.
Please be aware that we work with an approved panel of recruiters and telephone interviewers, who may have been the ones to contact you for one of the above reasons. However if you have any questions around who has made contact, please feel free to call our main Gusto office on 0113 268 9020.
The information we collect or hold can contain your personal opinions as well as personal information. We may occasionally collect sensitive personal information such as political views or health. However, all information is used for research purposes only. We will never ask for your bank account details or login. We will never pass on your personal information to any third parties outside of Gusto or our trusted research partners unless you consent to this.
Where we are provided with a database or where we have bought in a database, we request only the minimum amount of details to allow us to conduct the research to the specification we have been commissioned to carry out.
Guidance for participating in research with us
Gusto Research are committed to meeting the requirements of the following laws and codes:
- The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Data Protection Act 1998 and the new Data Protection Act which will enact GDPR requirements
- Market Research Society’s (MRS) Code of Conduct
- ICC/ESOMAR (European Society for Opinion and Marketing Research) International Code on Market and Social Research.
If you have any queries concerning the research you have been contacted about, the information we hold or our website, or would like to make a subject access request, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you have concerns regarding how your personal information has been processed by Gusto Research you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) via the following options:
- Their website's Make a complaint page
- Telephone helpline: 0303 123 1113.